March 31, 2009

Regards from Serbia by Zograf


While NATO was throwing bombs over Serbian territory, people where not really hiding in caves and holes (it's not like pictures you might remember of Kabul where all human beings desapeared from the surface). People went out, let themselves hear and some of them got really creative. One of the was Aleksandar Zograf (a.k.a. Sasa Rakezic) who with a comic: "Regards from Serbia" wrote a kind aof daily cronicle about the Bombing. He's emails to friends during the 78 days air-raid were also published on italian websites. His entire diary in italian (I couldn't find the english version though it exists) can be read here.

Zograf writes: “When the series of conflicts started, I was overwhelmed by the dark overtones of the reality that surrounded me…Suddenly the world around me became the source of nightmarish and intense images and experiences…The material reflecting the turbulent 90s was mostly quite bleak — some of the drawings seemed somehow distorted by my own rag e and misery.”

2 comments:

  1. hello!,I really like your writing so so much! share we keep up a correspondence extra approximately your article on AOL?
    I require an expert in this space to solve my problem.
    May be that's you! Having a look forward to look you.


    Feel free to visit my web blog

    ReplyDelete